1. Your name, your club and your position.
Ringwood RSL – Wayne Chisholm- General Manager
2. What is your biggest or has been your biggest challenge with the club and your role?
$4.5mil redevelopment – managed RSL and project managed redevelopment
3. What has been some of your achievements or highlights since being at the club?
Increased membership from 3,000 to 4,500, demolished two houses and built six units for Building Patriotic Fund, was secretary manager for four years, year on year growth for the last 15 years, manage the welfare department for the last 10 years
4. Is there a piece of advice or something compelling you have learnt that you can pass on to our readers and up and coming managers.
Remember we are in the customer service industry and your customers are not just the members and visitors that enter your club, but are also the staff that work for you and the committee that directs you. If you don’t give them the tools and equipment they need to do their day to day job then they want be able to deliver the service that is expect. And always encourage your staff to surprise their members and visitors with service above and beyond their expectations.
5. Outside of the club and your role there, do you have any hobbies or passions…tell us a bit about you?
I have been playing golf for over forty years and I’m still no good at it.