1. Your name, your club and your position.
Bryan Jones – General Manager – The Surf Club Mooloolaba
2. What is your biggest or has been your biggest challenge with the club and your role?
Commencing a new role as GM at The Surf Club Mooloolaba October 2017. Improving staff culture by developing a committed, engaged team, focussed on customer service and teamwork. Our team is now exceptional.
3. What has been some of your achievements or highlights since being at the club?
Social Membership growth from 9 000 in February 2018 to 37 500 in July 2019. Goal of 43 000 by Christmas.
4. Is there a piece of advice or something compelling you have learnt that you can pass on to our readers and up and coming managers.
“Don’t sit back, have a crack”. Ask questions, absorb as much industry education, experience and advice as possible. Always take negative comments in the context of the person delivering them and never take yourself too seriously. Always remember that “You never see a box trailer behind a hearse.”
5. Outside of the club and your role there, do you have any hobbies or passions? Tell us a bit about you.
Kicking the footy with our 11 year old son Max. Deep sea fishing and watching live sports. Sharing a good laugh and a joke over cold beers with friends.
6. Do you have any claims to fame? eg someone famous has visited the club, you served a celebrity?
We have many well known persons come through our Club from politicians, sports stars or TV celebrities. Darren Lockyer, Kieran Perkins, Wally Lewis, Pauline Hanson, Chris Hemsworth, Pete Murray, Paul Walker, Alf Stewart, Dawn Fraser and Agro the puppet. I don’t think they specifically come to see me, they just love the venue. Ha.