The Drop was launched in 2015 by its founders, Justine Channing (Cream – Gaming Specialist), Danielle Rayner (GSL – Customer Loyalty Specialist) and Linda Joannides (Your Marketing Mentor – Marketing Specialist). All three principals had 20-30 years of background each in the gaming and hospitality industry working for clubs, hotels, casinos, restaurants, manufacturers and industry associations.
With such long experience in the industry, they recognised an opportunity to create a content-based service for industry news and specialist knowledge delivered through an online digital platform. Most important for the current owners of The Drop, Justine and Danielle, was the need to remain an independently owned company in order to provide honest feedback about products, relevant insights and useful knowledge to all industry colleagues.
Ongoing advertising support from many industry suppliers has enabled The Drop to remain a free knowledge and industry information service for over 9000 managers who subscribe to The Drop across Australia, the USA and allied international markets.
Here are some interesting stats on where, when, who and why fellow managers are reading The Drop
- The free weekly newsletter is delivered to over 9,000 subscribers.
- These subscribers forward The Drop newsletter to other members of their organisations producing a readership of over 30,000
- An interactive website thedrop.com.au holds the archived content in the “drop goss” tab, as well as educational content on the IGT gaming academy sponsored page
- Stats show that most “opens” of The Drop newsletter occur between 7:30am and 11:30am each Wednesday.
- Over 65% of subscribers from clubs, hotels and casinos are senior and executive level managers from all business units: marketing, gaming, operations, food and beverage and HR
- 70% of readers are from Clubs, 22% from pubs, 2% from Casinos and around 6% are industry suppliers
- Most subscribers are Australian, with growing interest from international markets, particularly USA
The Drop currently working on a new website and edm layout with some additional features that should be useful for industry managers.
Look out for the new look website launch soon!
Are you interested in advertising in the Drop?
With industry trade shows cancelled throughout 2020/2021 The Drop has seen increased interest from industry suppliers willing to share their knowledge and insights with club, hotel and casino managers across the country by providing interesting articles for The Drop readers.
Judy Rayner is the Sales Representative for The Drop. A familiar face in the Gaming and Hospitality Industry for over 36 years, Judy Rayner and her team at Rayner Sales & Marketing are known to many suppliers and industry executives through her long-term connection with Australasia’s leading industry trade expo, the Australasian Gaming Expo (AGE 2021).