While we don’t yet know the protocols to be applied to licensed venues after the lockdown is lifted, we know some things for sure:
- our obligations and duty of care to staff, patrons and the general public will not diminish, they will increase,
- our customers will prefer their “new normal” to be as “normal as possible” – they will not want any new protocols to be uncomfortable, threatening or intrusive.
Re-opening venues to meet these two certainties will take some planning. The planning needs to consider:
- How venues meet their duty of care obligations to staff, patrons and general public.
- How venues screen staff, members, visitors and customers for entry to venues.
- How venues manage the number of people in the venue.
At the moment there is a heap of marketing around systems aimed at solving problems of venue entry, venue population, and screening for elevated temperature. In short, Temperature Screening Solutions and People Counting Systems.
There is technology available to help.
However, jumping to a technology solution can be expensive and can deliver undesirable outcomes. Technologies are most expensive when you don’t get the outcome you want.
A couple of tips on what to look for:
People Counting – make sure you have access to real-time data with alerts. Most people counting software provides delayed reports. These are inadequate for assessing occupancy now and could even cause problems of occupancy compliance.
Temperature Screening – look for solutions capable of quick measurement, able to track multiple entries simultaneously and with mechanisms for minimising false alerts.
Of course, every venue is different.
This is where EXACT TECHNOLOGIES comes in – they are prepared to provide a free consultation to your venue to help determine the solution that best fits your needs and delivers you the best value.
Exact’s experience and expertise in clubs, pubs and licensed venues is extensive. Call now to book your free consultation.
Contact Exact Technologies:
Phone: 1300 253 332