The waterfront venue has an 800sqm extension of the existing riverside deck that creates a sprawling outdoor drinking and dining area with uninterrupted views of Story Bridge and the Brisbane River. The new 3-tiered deck will position Riverland as a go-to destination for dining, socialising and celebrating in Brisbane.
With a 1000 person capacity, each level is built to cater for a range of group sizes and occasions:
- Sky Deck – an exclusive space perched on top of one of the new container bars, offering uninterrupted Story Bridge views
- Promenade Deck – a great gathering space that offers direct access to Eagle Street Pier riverfront
- New live music stage
- Large screen for sporting events
The bar and kitchen will also offer guests an exciting dining experience from two new unique kitchen concepts operating out of sea containers:
- The Queenslander – serving modern pub fare that let’s Queensland produce shine, this concept pays homage to the Sunshine State. Dishes include Chicken Wings with Pineapple Rum BBQ Glaze & fermented lime aioli, Mango Salad with crushed macadamia dressing and Cured Tin Can Bay Cuttlefish with brioche donut & lemon myrtle salt, alongside pub favourites like the QLD Fish & Chips, parmis and burgers.
- The Traveller – Bringing the flavours of the world to Eagle Street, The Traveller will serve a rotating menu of global street foods, with the menu changing seasonally. The Traveller’s first destination is Mexico, bringing a menu of Fried Tortillas with guacamole, Cured Red Emperor Tostadas, Jalapeno Poppers and a range of Soft Shell Tacos.
The new beverage menu offers fresh & flavourful new cocktails, an extensive wine list, and a broad range of beers. Signature cocktails include the Spicy Watermelon Margarita and the Burst My Bubble, with Husk Ink gin, lemon, apple & raspberry.
Live acoustic music and DJs will entertain Wednesday to Sunday every week and keep the good times going well into the evening.
Chief Operating Officer Craig Ellison says the redevelopment is an exciting moment for the Eagle Street precinct.
“Eagle Street is back! With views of the iconic Story Bridge and Brisbane River, the open plan design & subtropical landscaping, and The Queenslander kitchen, Riverland is a quintessentially Brisbane destination,” said Chief Operating Officer Craig Ellison.
The extended deck spaces and new, dual food concepts makes Riverland the perfect destination for celebratory events. From corporate functions to international food days, large sporting events to wedding receptions, after-work get-togethers to birthday celebrations, the venue caters to any occasion across seven separate function spaces.
Food and beverage led hospitality operator Australian Venue Co has been investing heavily in revitalising the Queensland pub landscape, with Riverland joining the growing list of renovation projects including The Wickham in Fortitude Valley, Crown Hotel in Lutwyche, Cleveland Sands in Cleveland and the Gold Coast’s Burleigh Town Tavern and Coomera Lodge Hotel.
Riverland, 167 Eagle Street, Brisbane City